Virtual entertainment has changed the way we enjoy watching movies, playing video games and only recently, going to an online casino. As for the hottest gears, the most popular brands so far are the HTC Vive and Oculus Rift headsets.
To make the most of your experience though, you need to learn a few helpful tips on using this latest gaming accessory. So before jumping into the world of virtual reality, let us give a rundown of the most essential things to bear in mind.
Specs: What’s the model of your smartphone?
The specs of your smartphone unit play a very important role in this new craze. First of all, not all smart phones are compatible with each VR headgear. For example, Google cardboard box only works with Android phones under Jelly Bean OS and higher or 4.1+ versions of Android OS. As for the latest Samsung Gear VR, you need to have at least a Samsung Edge S or S+ or the Galaxy Note 5.
Step 1: The setup
Assuming your Android phone passed the spec requirement and finally got your own headgear. Here’s where to begin;
Stick your smartphone unit to the headgear. Most headgears come with a designated tray or dock to fit your device.
Step 2: Installation
Download the VR unit’s application specifically for the headgear. Google cardboard box app is available at the Play Store. Other headgears simultaneously launch the app as soon as you place your smartphone securely to their units.
Step 3: Shop for games
- Check Google Play for Android apps featuring VR compatibility.
- Google Cardboard box has a wide range of apps that actually work for the same.
- Take advantage of anything you can get at the Play Store if bought one of Google’s VR Kit.
- Did you know that you could also watch YouTube videos in 360 degrees under #360video search? That’s great value for money supposing you only availed the very humble cardboard box instead of the more expensive counterpart.
- As for Samsung, users will have a swell time looking at their photos in 3D while also getting a lot more from Samsung’s VR gear webpage.
Step 4:Watch and listen
One of the best parts of an immersive virtual experience has to do with satisfying your auditory senses. Don’t you think it’s time to finally get a much powerful pair of earphones? Only you will know once you step into this whole new dimension.