With the progress of Android technology, the ability to do all the things using your phone or tablet has also increased. Do you know Google has created a cloud printing app that works with your printer linked with your wireless network or to your computer via USB? If you are looking to find out how to set up Google Cloud Print in Chrome on your computer and how to print directly from your Android device.
How to Connect the Printer to Google Cloud Print
- Open Chrome on your computer.
- Go to the menu button in the top right corner which looks like three horizontal lines.
- Go to Settings.
- Hit Advanced settings.
- Scroll down and click Manage under the Google Cloud Print heading.
- Hit Add printers.
- Select the printer you want to add to Google Cloud Print.
- Add by clicking Add printer(s).
You are done!
How to Connect the Google Cloud Print app to your phone
- Go to Play Store from your Home Screen.
- Go to Search filed and type cloud print.
- Tap Cloud Print by Google Inc.
- Now Hit Install.
If you have activated the same Google account on your computer which you activated on your phone or tablet, you can see your printer.
Steps to Print a file from your Android Phone
- Open the file you want to print. You can select files stored on your computer like photos, docs, Gmail, file manager apps, etc. or on a cloud like Dropbox or Google Drive and Dropbox.
- Once you select the desired file, hit the menu box in the top right of your screen which appears as three dots.
- Hit Print.
- Hit the drop-down arrow which you can see on top of your screen.
- Click the printer you’d like to print from.
- Now click the print button where you will find the image of a printer.
How to Print a file with your Phone from the Internet
- Click the menu button i.e. three stacked dots when you reading the webpage that you want to print. The menu button could appear to be somewhat different, given your browser.
- Click Print.
- Now click the drop-down arrow, which you can find on the top of your screen.
- Hit the printer you’d like to print from.
- Click the print button, which has a printer image for identification.
Majority of the latest printers are compatible with Google Cloud Print. Although a few may not, so to avoid confusion, you can visit the list of all printers compatible with Google Cloud Print. Of course, any phone will also work, but it would be best if you have Google phone as well!