A Shortlist of Stress Releasing Apps
It is a new year and with it comes some old and new challenges that can add to a day’s stress levels. Just reach for your Android phone and choose among this shortlist of “stress relief” apps. They are all free and were rated at least four stars. Here are the Stress Releasing Apps.
General Apps That Can Be Used for Stress Management
Some apps aren’t specifically meant for stress management, but are helpful in relieving stress just the same by supporting other healthy habits. Here are a few of the best:
- Happify: A happy mood and a positive approach have both been linked to decreased stress and increased resilience. This app helps you to minimize stress and anxiety by managing your thoughts.
- My Fitness Pal: This app enables helps you to track your eating patterns and provides articles and recipe ideas for staying in shape as well as a tracker to enable you to track your weight, caloric intake, and more. Because healthy nutrition can affect your mood and your stress levels, this one can really be helpful.
- Fitbit: This activity tracker and sleep monitor can be used for stress management by helping you to see what you’re doing well and motivating you to sleep more and move more, both of which can be mood boosters. In addition, Fitbit has expanded its line of products to include Fitbit Sense. The sense smartwatch and app can measure your body’s response to stress, give you a daily stress management score, and track mood over time.
These apps can transform your whole experience of stress. It can build resilience to stress that you face now and in the future; and it can give you a healthy new way of responding to stressors (including a way to detach your emotions; and keep your stress response from being easily set off).
Practising on a regular basis is the key. The following apps can not only teach you meditation but also help you to maintain the habit in your life:
- Calm: This app promises a “journey to a calmer mind” and it has many ways to lead you there. It boasts guided meditations and relaxation exercises as well as bedtime stories to aid relaxation and promote sleep.
- The Mindfulness App: This app provides you with nearly 300 options for learning and practising meditation, from beginning to advanced. You can choose a meditation from 3 to 99 minutes in duration; meditations of many different types, mindfulness notices, meditation soundtracks, and more. In the premium subscription, you get unlimited access to guided meditations and courses and constantly updated content.
- Headspace: This app is “like a gym membership for the mind” in that it offers many guided meditation classes; including hundreds of themed meditations and many “bite-sized meditations” for those who are very busy. There are even “SOS activities” for when you’re feeling overwhelmed.
- Relaxing Rhythms: This is more of a biofeedback app than a meditation app, but it’s an app that you should try in either case. It can help train you to relax your body and your mind with relative ease. Note that it requires an ion sensor to work.
Many stress management techniques are skills that you can learn rather than activities we do naturally.
General Stress Relief Apps
The following apps can help with just that—learning vital stress management techniques and working them into our daily lives:
- Personal Zen: This app was made by a neuroscience researcher to create games backed by research on anxiety reduction and resilience development. Track your progress and build a happier and less stressed outlook in just a few minutes a day of gameplay.
- Sanvello: This app provides breathing exercises to help you quickly de-stress, a mood tracker to enable you to measure your state of mind and track what affects you most in your life, and other features based on cognitive behavioural therapy. Many insurance plans cover this app.
Above are the most effective and widely used stress busters by millions of people all over the world. Try these out and have a stress-free life.