Top Google Play games you can play on Smart TV
Google play offers hundreds of games to be played on your smart tv. You can find games of various themes and categories like puzzle games to complex real-time strategy epics or casino games which look just awesome on your TV screen. Here are the top Google play games you can play on Smart TV.
You can play them on TVs like Sony, Panasonic, Samsung, LG, and Roku smart Tvs. To play the games you’ll need a hardware controller or game controller as you say because though the vast majority of Android games are designed with the touch screen in mind, the reality is that there are certain times when using a traditional controller just makes more sense. This applies particularly to games that were ported from a console over to Android, as well as to emulators. Also for games where using the touchscreen just isn’t possible, such as VR games that are popular these days.
This game is about the Bard, a selfish rogue guy that summon characters to join in battle. The game features 50 enemy types characters and a vast world to explore with towns, wild forests, rivers, castles, towers, secret dungeons, snowy mountains, caverns, haunted tombs and more. Find over 150 unique items of weaponry, armor, instruments, tokens, artifacts and loot and over 14 hours of outstanding voice-acting from top Hollywood talent, including Cary Elwes (The Princess Bride) as the Bard, and the inimitable Tony Jay as the Narrator.
Following are the Native Gamepad Support
- Wii Classic Controller (native or with free WiimoteController App)
- Xbox 360 & Logitech F310/510/710 in X mode.
- PS3 SixAxis and Dualshock (native or with SixAxis Controller App). If using Sixaxis Controller app, use default key mappings set “Enable Gamepad” option to be “ON”.
- NYKO PLAYPAD & PLAYPAD PRO
- MOGA Controller (with MOGA app or ObsidianX IME)
- MOGA PRO (HID and Pivot App)
- GameStop Red Samurai
- Green Throttle (requires GT Arena app)
- NVIDIA Project Shield
SixAxis, WiiController & MOGA IMEs must be disabled to play original Bard’s Tale trilogy. Priced at : $1.99 this app comes with in-app purchases.
Crossy Road is a fun little arcade game where you must cross roads and streams without being hit by cars or falling into the water. The game app features 10 new Savanna themed characters and a new Savanna map with 4 new miscellaneous characters and a redesigned prize system which ensures legacy players can unlock new characters without duplicates.
Some of the best features of this game
- Supports 2-4 players in Multiplayer mode over wifi
- Play Crossy Road on your big screen with Android TV
- Collect over 150 retro-styled, pop art inspired characters
- Cross roads, train tracks, and rivers – endlessly hop forever
- Dodge traffic in a candy wonderland with the Android Robot
This is free game but comes with in app purchases
This game is not free but has varied prices for its games. Developed by Square Enix it has many updating Final Fantasy titles that work with Android TV. Currently, there are five confirmed titles that are definitely Android TV games. Final Fantasy games are jRPGs what include dozens of hours of storyline, side quests, turn-based combat (via the ATB gauge), and more. They tend to be a bit more of a narrative experience rather than being focused on game play, but they’re great games if you like those kinds of experiences.
Some of the game features
- Play using a simple and comfortable virtual controller designed not to obscure the action
- Choose between virtual analogue or fixed 4-way digital control pad options.
- The opacity of on-screen controls can also be adjusted from the Configuration Menu.
There are four games in this series with varying prices (not much expensive)under Grand Theft Auto titles by Rockstar games. They are one of the best Android TV games which takes you on an adventure if living under a rock, involving giant cities that you can freely roam, tons of story missions and side quests, and you have complete control over what you do in the game. Currently, there are four Grand Theft Auto titles, including GTA III, Vice City, San Andreas, and Liberty City Stories. This game app requires Android 4.0 and up compatible device.
Features of the game
- New high resolution textures and character art
- Real time lighting and shadows
- Enhanced draw distance
- Rebalanced controls for touch-based gaming
- Cross-platform cloud saves via the Rockstar Social Club
- Physical controller support
Priced at $0.99 this game app is an arcade shooter with tons of explosions, colors, and action. In this one, you play as a space ship and you must destroy all kinds of stuff. The graphics are minimal so it should run smoothly pretty much all the time and the game itself includes over 80 levels, a New Game+ mode, Google Play Games services (achievements), various difficulties, and more.
The game comes with
- Responsive and customizable touch controls
- Customizable gamepad controls with support for many controller types (HID, Shield, and more)
- 3 difficulty levels (change it up at any time)
- Dozens of enemy types
- All-new special level types and goals
- Tons of secrets to discover
- An all-new arsenal of weapons and upgrades
- Achievements with Google Play Games support
Leo’s Fortune is an award-winning platform adventure game where you hunt down the cunning and mysterious thief that stole your gold. Beautifully hand-crafted levels bring the story of Leo to life in this epic adventure. Costing $4.99 this app was one of the first Android TV games that comes with two dozen levels for you to play through and the game includes Google Play Games achievements, leaderboards, and cloud saves if you want those.
Certain Game Controllers and Gamepads have specific minimum device requirements. Check compatibility with your game controller or gamepad manufacturer. To play this game on smart tv you need a compatible gamepad to play.
NBA Jam is a classic arcade basketball game on Google play that costs $4.99 and was released in the 1990’s. This game allows you to play two-on-two basketball where you score baskets, shove your opponents around, and hopefully go on fire. You go on fire by making three unanswered baskets by the same player and you’ll get a sizable stat boost for doing it.
Enjoy multiple ways to play on your Android TV! Slam through the game solo or play multiplayer mode with an Android TV against an Android mobile device. A compatible gamepad is required to play NBA Jam on your Android TV.
Priced at $2.99 Oddworld: Munch’s Oddysee is another older game that’s been now made available to play on your smart tv. In this one, you play as Munch, a frog-like creature whose species has been fished to near extinction and now is going to take revenge with their side-kick, Abe. It’s a quirky story with plenty of grungy humor and you’ll have plenty of things to do.
Features of the game
- Intuitive touch controls make playing & navigating a breeze
- HID controller support
- A hilarious script and compelling storyline with multiple endings
- Loads of depth, humour and charm
- Achievements & Cloud SaveIncludes everyone’s favourite Gamespeak screen for both Abe & Munch!
- Optimized for NVIDIA SHIELD with 4x MSAA, Oddworld Munch’s Oddysee is now featured in NVIDIA SHIELD Hub
This game costs $4.99 at Google play store and is actually a pretty decent platform game. It features voice acting from the venerable YouTube star along with cameo appearances from other YouTube stars. The game also requires a bit of skill to play, but you’ll get better as you progress. It features epic boss fights, unlockable characters, some decent retro-style music, and various difficulty levels to keep things interesting. It’s a lot of fun, has no in-app purchases, and it quickly became one of the must-have Android TV games.
Features of the game
- Collect Brocoins to buy new characters and attacks
- Unlock youtube stars and try to beat the game as PewDiePie, Marzia, CinnamonToastKen, JackSepticEye, Cryaotic, Markiplier and more!
- Challenge your friends in the survival arena and brag about your score on Facebook!
PewPew 2 is minimal style arcade shooter game priced at $2.57 at Google play. This game comes with tons of action, tons of colors, and plenty of stuff to blow up. It’s a top-down shooter at heart and you’ll have to deal with tons of neon colored enemies and obstacles that are always trying to kill you. You also have nine game modes, various ships to unlock, a full campaign mode, achievements, and, of course, Android TV support.
Features of the game app
- Game offers 9 modes, 2 of which must be unlocked
- 8 unlockable ships with offensive defense (bullets shot in every direction when hit)
- A campaign, with 3 level of difficulties and boss fights
- Online scores obviously, but with replays
- Controller and Android set-top boxes support.
This free game on app store has some in app purchased bur is one of the only few competently done racing games that are available on smart TV. The game contains 140 cars, 17 tracks to race through, full-featured online multiplayer modes, and more.
Features of the game
- Real Racing 3 features an ever-expanding roster of officially licensed tracks
- Real-world locations, a 43-car grid and over 140 meticulously detailed cars from top manufacturers. Real-Time Multiplayer, Social Leaderboards, Time Trials, night racing
- Innovative Time Shifted Multiplayer™ (TSM) technology, allowing you to race anyone, anytime, anywhere.
Remember that smart TV transforms on-the-go time-passers into fully-fledged, console-like experiences and allows you to wirelessly cast your current games library from your Android device to your smart TV, or download new titles straight from your TV using Google Play.
Also note that an Android gamepad lends you all the precision you need with console staples such as a directional pad, face buttons, analog sticks and triggers, gamepads bolster your accuracy and comfort, whether you’re shooting, jumping or racing.
Up to four players can jump in on the action with Android gamepads, or they can use their own Android smartphones or tablets as controllers. If friends aren’t around, Google Play’s online multiplayer features help you connect with players around the world for free and if your friends aren’t gamers, Google Play lets you find new online friends to compete or cooperate with. Also your Google Play achievements sync up, so whether you’re playing at home or on the go, your Google Play Games profile will automatically update.
30 September 2017